Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Timers, puddles, and M&M's!

Potty training day 1-

I decided yesterday evening that we would try to take on the 3 day potty boot camp!  This involves us staying home for 3 days straight with a very structured, frequent potty schedule. Connor is no stranger to the potty. We always use the potty before bath time, he loves to sit on it, flush, and play with the toilet paper. I was headed to the store to purchase more diapers but I changed my mind....big boy undies came home with us instead! "Ickey mouse undiiiies!" 

* How is it possible that my little peanut is a big boy now?!

So this morning started out quite interesting! The first accident in the big boy undies must have scared Connor! He immediately started running which then spread peepee everywhere! Thanks goodness I picked all of our rugs up and have floors that clean easily. Oh boy...what have I gotten myself into?! The next accident, several minutes later involved the same thing but this time he ran in his puddle, slipped and busted his little hiney. At this point I was giggling and wondering why I decided to attempt this...why can't they just become potty trained, like just wake up one morning and voila!! 




I set my timer every 20 minutes all day long and every time that went off Connor started to say "POTTY!" and ran to the bathroom. That's progress!! So it is nap time and he has had 5 accidents and 4 successful potty trips.  I started with a sticker reward system but the stickers became too much of a distraction, so I moved to 1 M&M if he was successful. He thoroughly enjoyed his M&Ms! I guess that isn't too bad for the first half of the day! 

I am hoping and praying that this just gets easier, less peepee puddles all over the place, and it just clicks soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment